2017-08-08

PROCRASTINATION

The topic of procrastination came up the other day on the hoarder board. If I wasn't the Queen of Chaos, I would call myself the Queen of Procrastination. Procrastination is a serious issue in my life. I watched a video by Tim Pychyl and learned a whole lot. Why we procrastinate, why we shouldn't and how to keep ourselves from procrastinating. As I was pondering the things I learned, I wondered about my current level of procrastination and realized that asides from breathing I more or less procrastinated EVERYTHING else. Even eating. I would make sure to be so hungry, that I would not have to cook and just shove something in just to procrastinate cooking healthy.

So needless to say, things have to change. What helped me most to be motivated once again to stop procrastinating was Tim Pychyl saying that we hurt "future self" by putting things off. I have hurt myself enough. I am done.

I think there will be quite a few more posts on this topic. Brace yourself!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen