2013-10-07

A BRIGHTER FUTURE

2 days ago, after 3 days in which I got a lot accomplished I thought I was done rolling. Do you know that feeling, too? You get so much done and all of a sudden as if someybody switched the power off, you feel like you can't do anything again ever. I got a few things done, but a feeling of gloom started to creep up inside of me. "choose to be happy" I said to myself. But I didn't even want to be happy. So I decided to be gloomy for a day. Sunday to me is a day of rest. I take a break from household chores and digging through my stuff. I felt the gloom inside me grow. I would never be able to take care of all the stuff I collected. I would never get my life under control. Then while listening to a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland a thought entered my head, a very happy thought:"It's okay. So you have a disorder. It is okay. It really is. You don't have to deal with all you collected. If you don't want to deal with it you can always just throw it all away and not bother looking at it again." Right. AS IF! But hey. I really could. Nobody said I have to look through it. That is MY decision. I figured I'll just shove the boxes of my last hoarder room up into the attic. Yup, there is still room left up there and then I will stop wasting my time and energy on sorting and resorting. I will just deal with what life brings from here.

And wouldn't you know it. I felt happy and light. I went into that messy playroom and started to pick a few things out of the pile that actually have a place to go. They were bits and pieces of games were I knew where the rest was. I picked out a few more things, tossed a few that up until yesterday told me they were still useful but I realized they had lied to me and before I knew it, the box was empty. Okay. A really tiny box I must admit. But I took care of that whole box without churning one single item! WHAT A SUCCESS! To celebrate it I threw away the empty box! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen