2013-10-14

OCD

I heard that OCD and HOARDING were just the different ends of the spectrum of the same disorder. Shocked? I am not. Needing things "just right" often gets in the way for me with serious clean up. I get lost in detail. I want things perfect. And then I simply never get them done. Then I am frustrated and get even less done. To fulfill my need for perfection while still getting things done, I allow myself little things of perfection. Like:"When you are done cleaning up this room, your reward is washing the windows."
What kind of a reward is washing windows you might think? Well. I love a clean window, but lets face it. When a house is drowning in clutter, washing windows is not a priority. This gives me something to work for and my perfectionist's mind thinks a room isn't properly cleaned up unless the windows are washed.

Sometimes it makes me sad, that I am on the wrong side of the spectrum, but lets face it. I don't really want to be on the other end either. Settling somewhere in the middle sounds ideal. I'm slowly getting there!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen