2013-10-05

CHAOSQUEEN

Yup. That's me. Fortunately I am not soley described by chaos. I would describe myself as smart (at least most of the time). I am fun to be with. I do have my occasional creative moment. I am trusting, (borderline naiv). I can be hard working (once I get started). I am compassionate. I love people and I love attention.  I love languages. I am rather sentimental. I prefer being in control. I like things neat and organized. Structure helps me stay sane. I love the beach and the Ocean. I love mountains. I enjoy reading. I am a chatterbox.

And I am a HOARDER.

What a dreadful word. It is full of despair. It reeks of greed. A cave and a vile dirty creature protecting it forms in my image. I don't see myself as a hoarder, even if that is the official label. Forgive me for not being able to give you the name of the woman who said it. She was featured on the US show "Hoarders". She said. "I don't see myself as a hoarder. I see myself as a saver. I save things." My sentiments exactly. I save perfectly functional, usuable things from going to the dump. But just like saving 27 starving kittens off the street will be more than you can handle, saving everything that "could still be of use" will eventually be more than you can handle.

I've reached that point. I am drowning. The things that are piling up are suffocating me. I need to break free. I want to live my life and not be the queen of my little chaotic realm. As I have said before. I am a chatterbox. Talking helps me work through things. So does  writing. I have started this blog as a therapeutic tool to work through my emotions.

I don't know how you found my blog.


  • If you are reading this and you are a hoarder yourself. May my journey help you.
  • If you are reading this and are a friend or a relative of a hoarder, may my blog help you to gain a better understanding and help you be gentle with the hoarder in your life.
  • If you are reading this blog, simply because you stumbled over it, may I be able to entertain you and make you laugh.
No matter who you are. I hope I can tell my story in a way that touches you. So you can see:


HOARDERS ARE PEOPLE, TOO

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen