2016-04-12

COMFORT ACQUIRING

Comfort acquiring is like comfort eating. But instead of eating you get stuff. That's what I did today. After some serious comfort eating yesterday. After I had dropped the kids off and my gaze wandered across the public book shelf pulling out of the parking lot, I got back out of the car and and looked through the books. I took 3. One for the kids to read, one for me to read and one that I think I can sell. In my defense I would like to add that I put 3 other books that I had picked also, back. And I was fully aware of what I was doing. I realized that I am getting these books not because I needed them, or particularly wanted them, but because I felt the urge to take something home. To acquire something. I made the conscious decision to take books home, I gave myself permission. In the hope that it would keep me from eating more chocolate. I am afraid it only worked partially.                                                                                                                     

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen