2018-04-11

PAPER FLOWER

So the other night Marie's homeroom teacher sent an email out at 6:30 pm informing parents that the group picture they took a few weeks ago did not turn out and would we please be so kind and send the paper flower that they were holding in the picture back to school with them the next morning? Uhm. Say what? Of course I didn't read it until 8:20 pm. I made Marie get up and look for it. 5  min later she showed up and said:"I think it was squished and we threw it away." When she said that I remembered thanking her for letting me throw it out. Can you believe that a hoarder household actually THREW SOMETHING OUT that obviously seems to be something you are to keep?

Well, being the "never let anyone down" personality that I am I asked Marie how long it took to make the flowers. She said 2 hours. Uhm. Well. I asked her if she could show me how to do it. She told me there was a you tube tutorial. We found it in just a few seconds and I set out to work. Trust me. Only a room full of elementary school kids can take 2 hours for this craft.

I am proud to announce that I did not make 2 or 3 (as I originally planned) so other kids who might not have one would be provided for.

When I showed it to Marie she said:"Our flower only had 5 leaves, but yours actually looks nicer."

Mom of the month award....HERE I COME!



PS: If you are dying to make this craft simply search for Kusudama Origami flower. I have seen anything from 5 up to 8 leaves.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen