2015-01-19

NOTHING TO REPORT

I wish I had a grand tale to tell about my decluttering process. Unfortunately school has picked up for all of my kids. It'S the time of year with the most tests and exams. Of course it's also cold season and as my pedatrician says, stomach bug are also in season. (Yup, there is a reason I mention that one!)

What I CAN report is that my mindset has changed. Decluttering is not a chore anymore it is a way of making myself feel better. I do not need a delcutter season at the moment to part with things. I can grab cheap plastic gimmicks and toss them in passing. I don't feel guilty anymore. I shrug my shoulders and think:"If they want it they should have put it away." I might not toss it the first time I come across it, but they go out faster and with a new feeling of confidence. 

Kids are on the floor, trampled over? Out it goes. I don't even check it. My little Picassos will have created 3 new ones by the time this one hits bottom of the recycling bin.

I am also a lot better at being happy with what I DID get accomplish instead of mopping over what still needs to be done. Being happy is not only a choice, it is also a skill and it can be practised!


I wish I could list the 7 of the day, but I can't. Why not? Because I don't even think about it when they fly out. I know I tossed a plastic ring and 2 socks wiht holes. But lets face it. Tossing socks with holes is NOT newsworthy! I have heard from other hoarders, that they started decluttering and eitther kept track of all they parted with or the amount of bags they threw out and that they reached a point where that wasn't important anymore and they simply stopped keeping track

I feel good about myself and I have hope that my home will one day be easy to maintain. Judging things by their bringing joy or not does help tremendously. Especially when you notice that it not only doesn't bring joy but even worse, makes you unhappy or brings you down! Thank you Marie Kondo! I didn't beleive it at first but this approach really is  helping me! And I didn't even buy the book! At least not yet.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen