2016-11-07

2 WEEKS LATER

2 weeks after the great sort out I am still not ready to get new boxes from the attic. It took me long enough to get the 4 back up and the empty boxes sorted out. James has filled one up and brought CDs down to check them, get them sorted and maybe sell them.

The girls' room looks like a landfill and in the hopes of helping them clean up their room I made them just fill up empty boxes with their stuff. They filled 8 boxes,  4 laundry boxes full of stuff on top and the place still looks like a dump.

An "abominable pile" grew out of nowhere in front of my bed. It is made up of 4 laundry baskets. Yes, doing laundry is getting complicated, as I never seem to have an empty baskets. I feel like just dragging it all up into the attic so I don't have to look at it again.

I decided instead of hiding  it all upstairs and getting a new box I will just pretend it is attic hoard (technically it is the second I take it up) and decided to spare myself the trip. Instead of bringing down a box a day, I will tackle a box (basket a day down here until I am done. As I have 16 of them that should take me more than 2 weeks. It is frustrating to think that of 22 boxes 12 are full again/still and if I dumped the baskets into boxes I would fill up another 8. If I think that I only got rid of 2 boxes  over the last 2 weeks I shall go mad. But this has always been the problem with the attic. Things went up faster than they were cleared.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will have new energy and will take care of one basket. One basket is all a day requires! I can do this!

2 Kommentare:

  1. I completely sympathise with the phenomenon of piles of stuff appearing as if from nowhere. All round my house I KNOW I had clear sections of floor recently, I put a multimeter or spanner down temporarily and before I know it there's a substantial pile there.
    Just remember, as my good friend always reminds me, that progress HAS been made, she remembers the carloads of things that have left my house with her assistance.
    Thank you for inspiring me with your successes.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. OH MY GOSH! Someone is actually reading my blog!?! Car loads of things have left your house! You are my hero!

    AntwortenLöschen