2018-01-19

BREAKING UP

On Tuesday I told my therapist that I had bad news for him. As I said this with a big grin on my face he wasn't too worried. I told him that for the first time I can imagine life without him. He laughed and cried out:"Oh my, something went terrible wrong! What should I do now?" "Find a new patient," I suggested. He asured me that there was no shortage of people who wanted to see him.

I did tell him that I know I am not all the way ready to pull this off without him and that I plan to be back repeatedly over the coming year, but that in the long run I think I know what my problem is and how to deal with it now.

It was a very productive hour at his office. Yes. I cried, but hey, that's just me. Tears of relief are not bad. And relief it is that I feel now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen