2014-03-27

FAST FOOD TOYS

Yes. I know. People sell those on eBay. But trust me. The ones we have lying around aren't worth anything. They are out of their wrapper, scratched up and neglected. In today's efforts to relief the feeling of suffocation I am experiencing with my hoard I threw away every single toy we got by buying fast food/cereal/chocolate. 

Why on earth is that so hard for me? I came up with a few reasons:
  • They do not belong to me, so I feel I don't get to decide whether they stay or go.
  • They aren't broken so technically they are still of use.
  • The kids are so excited when they get them. Which makes me feel they actually like the stuff.

Here is what I tell myself to make it easier:
  • I haven't seen anyone play with this particular toy in the last few weeks.
  • I've stepped on it and hurt myself more than once.
  • You can't really play with this in the first place.
  • The noise it makes is driving me nuts.
  • Nobody missed the other 137 similar items I threw out in the last few weeks.
5 in favor of throwing them out against 3 in favor to keep the stuff. This said I am happy to announce that today'S throwing away quota is not only reached but exceeded by far. I better take the trash out before certain little people upon their return from school start picking the stuff back out!


Surface of the day: 3 shelves of a tall kitchen cupboard
5 a day: see post

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen