2014-03-06

NEVER GOOD ENOUGH

Please, don't get me wrong. I totally agree that striving to be better is a good thing. But there is a big difference between improving constantly and not ever being good enough. If I ever do run off to Australia, or somewhere else were I hope you won't find me, my farewell note will be made up of 5 words.

I was NEVER good enough.

Sad, huh? I agree. Very sad. There are so many women in my life who feel the same way. They feel that they are not enough. It's not true. Have you ever noticed that you will compare your figure with your good looking skinny friend's figure? And your wardrobe with your fashionista friend's? Your hoarded house with your OCD friend's house?

Why do we do that? Why do we keep hurting ourselfs that way? I wish I had an answer for you. I know it is up to me to change that. Happiness comes from within.

When I was a little girl my Dad used to take my on hikes up the mountains. Being the little girl I was, I tired easily and often felt like I could not go on. The top of the mountain just seemed to far away. My dad taught me a little trick. He told me not to focus on the mountain top in the distance but to find a goal close to myself, a big tree, or a bolder and to focus on it and tell myself I could make it to there. Once I reached it, I was supposed to pick the next goal. The bend in the road, the patch of flowers by the wayside, the anthill. But always something that could be reached in 100 steps or less. And wouldn't you know it. I was strong enough to make it to the top. Splitting up the treck into little walks with few steps made me succesful and showed me that I was stronger than I initially thought.

If you want to lose 50 pounds, split it up into little blocks. Try 5.
If you want to declutter your house, start with a drawer.
If you want to be a millionaire, start with the goal of having a 1000 in your bank account.

What ever it is. Focus on the next few steps. And please know that you are GOOD ENOUGH!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen