2015-04-11

14 WEEKS OF DECLUTTERING

1 year ago I challenged myself to a major 2 week declutter. The goal was to declutter 12 rooms in 2 weeks. Needless to say Inever made it through all of those room, but I managed to finish 7 of them. Nicole pointed out that it would be smarter to give myself a week per  room instead of  a day. Of course she was right, but I work best under pressure.
I have been considering this project for a while now. I have many reasons to want to do it, and quite a few that keep me from it. 

PRO: 
  • 1 week is eough time to declutter and thoroughly clean a room 
  • chances of success are a lot bigger than last time
  • with the progress I made over the last year this should be easy
CONTRA:

  • 14 weeks of declutter? SERIOUSLY?
  • the attic isn't even included in this challenge.
  • I know myself well enough to know I will give up in the middle.
So after pondering this for a week, this is the compromise I came up with. I will not make it 1 14 week project but rather turn it into 14 1 week projects. Big difference? In my mind. Yes. 

So here are the rooms I am planning to tackle

  • 4 bedrooms
  • 2 bathrooms
  • kitchen
  • living room
  • laundry room
  • guest room
  • storage room
  • hall
  • garage
  • patio
Technically the garage and the patio are outside, but as we are planning to put in a new patio in a few weeks they are a must. The bathrooms will take less of a week of course but the halls total to a scary amount (especially if you consider the landing in the basement). The storage room is even scarier. I will start with the living room on Monday. I have decided to go for that as it seems challenging yet easy enough to not scare me off right away. So stay tuned for my progress!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen