2016-09-18

LOST IN DETAIL

For years I wanted to put photo albums together for my kids. This week I decided to start with the little one. He is barely a year old, so easy peasy I figured.

Well guess what. After going through a few of my folders, picking out pictures I was rather annoyed with the fact that most of them seemed to have doubles of everything. So looking through the pictures I found myself looking at every single one twice. I knew that I had doubles often. Being a true hoarder I figured that is not a problem. Well. Guess what. It is. It slows the picture picking progress down immensely. And it's not like I'd delete something that would then be lost for good if I got rid of the doubles. Plus James has back up copies of all these pics. So I started deleting doubles from the folder I was working on, soon enough I figured I better do this in an organized manner and started with my oldest folder. Well. Guess what. 3 hours of deleting pictures later (over a period of 2 days while watching movies and talking to James) I realized that I am not working on the album anymore. I was looking through folders that were older than my baby. Once again I lost focus. Doing something that was a good thing, but not what I set out to do. Something that came to my attention and that was close enough to the intended task that I believed I was working hard on it. Well. I finished that folder and got back to my original task. I am still deleting doubles, but only in the folders I go through with baby pics.

No wonder if projects feel like they take for ever if they turn into different projects all the time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen