2019-08-14

LIGHTS OFF

For months the light in the downstairs hall was on at night. Maybe close to a year by now. Why? Because my upstairs landing is big and square and inviting. It is a clutter magnet. Baskets of clean folded laundry that don't get put away end up there. Toys. Cause the little one enjoys the open space. Anything ends up there. Stuff that  needs sorting, stuff that needs to be put away. It is in baskets and boxes and I was always terrified that someone might trip and break their neck on a midnight trip to the facilities.
The downstairs light gave enough light to see on the upstairs landing without blinding anyone or disrupting their sleep. No matter how often I managed to clear the hall it was cluttered up again within hours. For the last 2 weeks I think the light has been off. Maybe even longer. Not, Not because I live north enough that the midnight sun shines bright and guides the way.
That landing is free of clutter. At least most of the time. Worst case it is on basket which can be moved close to the wall without blocking any paths to the bathroom. I work hard to keep it clear. It takes effort and some sacrifices, like messing up my own room more again.
This landing will stay clear. In some ways it is symbolic for me. I CAN and will work hard to get and KEEP this house safe for everyone.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen