2019-08-12

SUCCESS STORIES

I hope you like success stories, because I am about to share one.

Matt finally agreed to get another piece of furniture. He is my minimalist and seems to not ever keep anything that is not necessary. In his new bedroom he has a desk with a small integrated shelf and a bed that has 3 drawers. That's it. He keeps his clothes and school stuff under his bed and everyday stuff on his shelf.

The reason I don't like this set up is that the drawers are huge and stuff just kind of falls around in it. In addition, it seems that dust and small particles love falling into them from the cracks between the mattress and the frame.

Being a micro organizer I prefer turning big spaces into smaller spaces. In my current attempt to purge I had him open his drawers for inspection and saw that his clothes drawers are rather full, almost too full. I asked him for the umpteenth time if he needed more storage and he finally agreed. No. That is not the whole story already, even if it felt like a huge success to me!

We went online and checked for dressers. I had something in mind. We discussed our options. Found something we liked in a store near by. I asked James to go pick it up after work if he agreed with our choice. Of course he did. Once James was home Matt and I got to work to put it together. Various siblings showed up to help. It took us far longer than I hoped, but it is up and looking nice.

What's the success story you ask? Simple, everyday life you say? Well. Simple for most people, not for me. I made a decision. I stuck with it I did not change my mind 27 times and actually pulled it off. I did not push it to tomorrow, which we all know never comes. I got it done and things are set up. All in one day. I am proud of myself!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen