2014-02-03

MOUNT LAUNDRY

We all have our weak spots and our strong sides. When it comes to household chores laundry is definitely my strong side. I know, that I once more lost complete control when the laundry gets out of hand. With my energy and water saving pearl of a washer, a load of laundry takes more than 2 hours. So unless I have a plan of attack the average 10-12 loads I do a week simply won't happen.

First thing I do every morning is to start the laundry. Taking down the dirty laundry, sorting it and starting a load has become second nature to me. I don't even think about it. It happens before I am fully awake sometimes.

Mondays and Friday/Saturday are usually my big laundry days. I am fortunate enough to have a big laundry room downstairs. I have set up hampers and happily start sorting by colors, hot or cold, you know the routine. In the end I have 8 different categories. The cool thing is, that once a hamper is full I know the washer is full. No more guessing if a load is ready or not. When I go downstairs and sort I usually simply turn on the kind of load that reached the top of the basket first.

Doing 5 loads in one day usually takes from 7 am until 10 pm as I usually don't catch it right at the end of the cycle. The dryer takes a good 2 hours, too.

I did do some "in house" research and feel save to say that 1 basket of laundry from taking it downstairs - putting it back in the dresser requires 30 min of work. Ironing is NOT included (as I avoid that at all costs).

Sof if I tell you that I took 5 baskets full of dirty laundry downstairs, and also tell you that my dryer is acting up and the first load alone had to be started 5 times (and I even took out half being afraid that it might have been to big) you can guess how my day went. Which reminds me...I better go down and check on the dryer!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen