2015-12-29

3rd DAY OF CHRISTMAS - SELF SABOTAGE

I really wanted to start on the stairs and top landing today. It is all in boxes and most of it is clothes and toys so lets face it, not too hard. Unfortunately I realized that I could tackle that "en passant". IF I deal with 1 or 2 items every time I go past the pile of baskets and boxes should be gone by the end of the day. I dealt with 1 basket this way yesterday and lets remember. Yesterday was NOT a good day. Considering it was only day 3 and I was already 2 days behind I figured I want to stay away from it, just like I would stay away from the boys room (except for coaching) and the laundry room as the "take care of something when you flip the laundry" approach seems to be working well, too. 
Considering my left over options I decided on the down stairs bathroom in the hopes of being done fast and thus allowed to finish the upstairs bathroom and the bedroom. Well. Once I got started it went fast. Too bad I didn't get started until 4 pm and too bad that I never finished. I left 1 shelf. A tiny shelf. I think I am just trying to sabotage myself again. Just making sure I can't tell myself how well I did at the end of the day. But guess what. This is what I did


  • 7 baskets of dirty laundry sorted
  • 8 loads of laundry washed
  • 1 load hung
  • 7 loads in the dryer
  • 8 loads folded (I had leftover laundry from the day before)
  • 6 loads put away
  • cooked dinner
  • baked 3 sheets of cookies
  • reduced upstairs pile "en passant" 
  • made progress in the laundry room
  • cleaned parts of the kitchen
  • kept 6 kids alive and out of trouble
  • made sure said kids practiced their instruments
  • made said kids take out trash and clean up at least 100 items each
Forget that little shelf. I did AWESOME!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen