2015-12-21

SPINACH

I had a crying fit over a pot of spinach today. It had been a stressful day. And yet, I still made it to the kitchen to cook a healthy dinner. Chicken, potatoes, broccoli and fresh spinach. The place was a madhouse. I had to feed the baby, keep kids working and best of all I kept my calm. Time was running out, but I kept working. I asked Matt to take out the biodegradable waste, which he did. I heard him come back in and next thing I know he is standing next to me with a clean pot and I was wondering what he wanted from me. And that is when I saw a pot with potato peels and other leftovers in the sink. He had thrown out the spinach I had just spent 10 min prepping. 

You might not believe it, but for a second I thought about going to check if I could save some. I dismissed the thought within a second and figured my time was better spent sitting on the kitchen floor, sobbing. Which I did for the next 15 min.  It's not like the tossed spinach was such a big deal. This morning I already found a basket full of clothes. Half of it clean, the other half dirty. Too late to find out which was what. So it just went back into the wash. It feels like every day is like this. No matter what I do I am doomed to fail. And plenty of people to make sure I do. Why do laundry if someone gets the clean stuff mixed in with the dirty? They can wear soiled stuff. Why prep vegetables if someone just tosses them? Might as well just order pizza. 

No matter how hard I try, it feels like it's never enough. Well. I guess I'll just give it another try again tomorrow. I just have to make sure I have enough chocolate.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen