2016-07-04

FRIDGE PSYCHOLOGY

So I took a long look at my fridge. guess what. I think the clutter on my fridge represents the clutter in my home pretty well. 

Whats on my fridge?


  • A birth announcement. It's a cute little card. I am sure it cost a bit of money. Even though I have no emotional attachment to the child, it's a friend's grandchild I feel I have to keep I wouldn't properly honor my friend's joy and it would be a wast to throw away the card. 
  • A teacher's note on how to properly do the "mascot diary". Their class has a mascot and the kids take turns taking it home. And of course you have to write a report. It went up on the fridge so I wouldn't lose it.
  • Appointment slips: I do write my appointments down in the calendar, but I keep them on the fridge, too, in the hopes of it improving my chances of not  forgetting about them
  • Cards from friends. Usually funny stuff. Definitely sentimental value. 
  • 2 more school related pieces of paper
  • A picture of me from slimmer times. (Not photo shopped)
  • A note from the music teacher, wanting to reschedule classes, this too, stayed up as a reminder. 
  • 2 photos of children
  • a dinner plan (uhm yes, I really need to work on that)
  • a sheet with kids chores, so last season and I am not sure why it is there
So lets sum this up. There is stuff that I think I can't throw away, even though I don't want it. There is stuff that I think will help me get organized, but more often then not I can't find it. At least 4 pieces of paper on the fridge were out of date.

So what did I get rid of? I tossed the out of date notes and reminders, the "baby" (that was the hardest) and one of the "sentimental" cards. (the one with the smallest emotional attachment).

What is my personal conclusion? 
  • I need a better system to stay on top of appointments, so I worry less about missing them.
  • I have to stay "up to date".
  • Sentimental stuff is okay, as long as it stays with in a certain limit.
  • My fridge needs to be washed down.   





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen