2013-12-23

PRESENTS

I am happy to say that the pile of presents under the tree is rather small. Maybe to small. But then again. Maybe not! My children have more than they need already. There is one thing I would like to get for James, but a wool hat and scarf to stay warm onhis way to workcan hardly be considered excessive. I have started plotting on things to do differently from now on. I want to make a "sorting plan" for myself, with one shelf or drawer for each week day. But I thought about how long it would take me to make that plan. And then a sentence from one of the last episodes of "hoarders" came to my mind. The daughter of the hoarder said:"Mom if you would just stop worrying about all the things you still have to do and simply do them we could be done bynow." OUCH! That one hit home. Hard. SO instead of sitting down making that plan I cleared the top shelf of the far left cabinet in the kitchen. Took everything out. Cleaned it, threw a few things away. Put some things in the basement and now I am here wondering what I actually want to put there. I might not havefinished my shelf but I am happy to say that Everything I took out of there has found a new permant home (until I get to that shelf hahaha). No seriously. I have no leftovers from the clean up and figured I will just start with the next shelf. I am sure by going through the kitchen I will come acrosssomething that willbe perfectly stored up there.  Dehoarding is a long slow process when you are on your own, but as long as more goes out than is coming in, you are doing ir right!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen