2014-01-24

SLEEP WELL

Are you getting enough sleep? No? Now that's a problem. Lack of sleep makes me tired (oh really!?!), grumpy (big surprise), sluggish (you had a feeling this one was coming, didn't you?) and worst of all, unable to focus. Lack of sleep turns me into a headless chicken. Sometimes into 2 or 3 headless chicken that keep stumbling over each others feet, interfer with each others tasks and boycott each others projects.

As much as I have to admit it, my house was under a lot more control when I got up at 6 am and went for a 45 min walk returning before anyone in the house woke up. To do this happily I had to be in bed by 10 pm because as much I would like to be able to thrive on less I need 8 hours of sleep. Getting up and retiring around the same time, helps, too.

Why is it so hard to do things that are good for you? They say it takes 3 weeks to form a good habbit. Seems it only takes 3 days to undo it. As it is January and unfortunatly Sydney, Australia didn't work out, walking in the cold, dark, foggy mornings isn't very appealing. So for now I will work on getting to bed on time and up early. I think I might add walking to the routine in mid April!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen