2014-01-18

THE PERFECT PACE

So what's the perfect pace for dehoarding? Good question. I think it is different for everybody. I found a steady trot (achieving a little bit every day) works better for me than sprinting and pausing (having a mammut day and then rest for a week).

For once I don't have a certain date set when I want to be done dehoarding. I have set so many dates, and they came and went, that just thinking about a deadline makes me feel stupid and incapable. As I have stuff from my childhood days floating through this house you could savely say it took me 25 years to accumulate all of this. Working by myself, how, as a hoarder, could I get rid of it in a week? Or 10? I don't want to take 25 years to get it all back out. If you have the manpower (and the will to actually part with it all without looking at it), by all means clear the house in 3 days.

For me the right pace is when by night things are better than in the morning. Even if I am the only one who can tell, and when I have the strenght too continue the next day.

Over the years I have found out what keeps me from making progress and what helps me. You know yourself best. Stick with what works. If it doesn't work for you, try something else.

For me, the 10 magic minutes are truely magic. Somebody else might need a room by room approach. I need a little bit every day. Others might prefer to do it all in 1 or 2 days. What ever it may be. The perfect pace is what's right for you not what others tell you!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen