2014-02-23

HARDER THAN I THOUGHT

5 a day proves to be harder than I thought. Some days it seems rather easy. Others I really have to look for things I can get rid of, which in a house as full as mine is enough proof, that I have a hard time parting with things.

The easiest for me are things I can pass on, that somebody else has use for. I am learning to chuck kid's "art" without thinking twice. Too many times have I seen the things brought home from school, dropped in the hall to never be looked at again by the artist. I have gotten rid of what feels like 5217 pieces of art in the last 4 weeks and so far not a single one of them has been missed by it's creator.
Next on the list are cheap toys. You know, the stuff you get with your meal at a fast food restaurant or the little surprises in cereal and don't ask me where else.

Still among the hardest are things that "are still useful" but nobody else wants them and interestingly enough I don't have any use for it either. I am working on reprogramming my brain about usefulness.

I  must say though, that it has helped me in various ways. As I like to win, having a quota to fill makes me search until I find something. And even when I am done, I keep my eyes open to find more things that can go. It seems that assessing everything I see makes it easier to throw away things. I also notice things more that I need to get rid of and I am learning to just chuck things in passing, like the terrible doormat I had. Left, the house this morning, picked it up while shuting the door, threw it in the trash and hopped into the car. Yup. That easy.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen