2014-02-13

CHORE BUFFET

You know those all you can eat buffets? Where you can start with dessert? Eat all the meat and skip the vegetables? Or have 5 different soups with 7 different kinds of bread? You only take what you want and leave the rest.

That's kind of what I did today. I wasn't in the mood for a 3 course meal of cleaning. I decided I didn't care what was important. I didn't care about the big or little jobs. I decided I would only do what I felt up to. SO. Laundry. Lots of laundry. Even more laundry. Dirty laundry, clean laundry. Sorting, washing, drying, folding, storing. Ironing. IRONING! Bleah.

I cleaned a bathroom, cleared a coat rack, washed it down and got rid of half of the coats. Nobody wears them anyway. I cleaned the kitchen. I cooked. AndI made the kids clean up. Hehehe.

It wasn't an organized approach, at the moment I wish I had invested all that time into the front room. But lets face it. I got a lot done today. If I had forced myself to work methodicaly I think I would have given up pretty soon.

I think I'll have those "all you can handle chore buffets" more often!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen