2014-09-29

I JUST KEPT WORKING

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I talked about just how stressful that first week was with 27 million different other things to take care of, family visiting and orientations to attend. Getting the kids to do homework and starting all the extracurricular activities again. She told me of all the things she had to do and then she said:"But  I simply kept working day after day and I got it all done." I am not sure I wanted to hear that. But lets face it. It boils down to work. I can spend years blogging about all the things I plan to do, but unless I actually get to work, nothing will ever get done. 

I am taking life one day at a time. I refuse to get upset about things that are left undone. And I focus on accomplishments. One of my biggest accomplishments today was taking care of 2 little things. Putting the laminating machine away and taping a  squished puzzle box into shape. It took less then 5 min but those are the little things I like to do "tomorrow". Eventually "tomorrow's" things are so overwhelming that I want to stay in bed. 

My hope is that focusing on the little tasks right in front of me will help me stay on track and not let little jobs pile up again until you need a month to work of your to do list. 

My neighbour went through her children's closets and dumped her stuff on me. I was stupid enough to take it, but I already found takers for it. I will be fine. And one day I might simply refuse to have stuff dumped on me. 

5 a day: do clothes that I got yesterday count? A pair of socks (extra dirty with a hole), paper, paper and more paper

surface of the day: I started a few, but didn't finish a single one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen