2014-09-01

MY FAVORITE DRUG

We all have a "drug" we turn to when we feel overwhelmed. Mine is computer games. Pretty much anything. Candy Crush, Farmville, any kind of Bubble shooter. I'M IN! I also know WHY they are such a comfort to me. Playing those games presents me with a chance to prove myself. When I finish a quest or pass a level I get told just how awesome I am and with some games you even get a little reward.

But lets face it. They just steal a lot of time. Sometimes I try to justify and tell myself that I will only play at night when James and I are watching a movie. Wow. Multitasking wasting time. Try to beat that. Well. Guess what. I have tried putting together photo albums or ironing while watching TV at night and it works just fine. I know we all deserve a break, and it is perfectly fine to take them, but if you end up not taking a break but running away from life you have a problem.

Today I decided to just stop it. I decided that more than once and never really did. But today is different. Different because I deleted every single game app from my FB account. That was an hour ago and I am already showing withdrawal symptoms.  I know I am in for a few really hard days. I will just have to keep myself busy.

I CAN DO IT! If I use all the time I spend gaming on decluttering this place should be spotless in just a few weeks!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen