2015-05-23

FREAK OUT FIRDAY

Seriously. What a day. I had a break down before 10 am. I had just realized that after a week of being told to change the sheets on his bed, Alex had tricked me into believing he had, by taking the old sheets off. He just never got new sheets on. As he has a loft bed, above eye level, it is not something that would have caught my attention. Unfortunately for him, the blanket he got himself to not have to use his sheetless comforter was peeking out and caught my attention. I got quite annoyed. I gave him an additional 20 things to put away. He was upset about being "punished". (He obviously never really has been punished in his life!) He was all:"I didn't know that not doing it would get me extra work." Excuse me? My telling your 5 times is not enough motivation? You would do it if you knew you get in trouble for not doing it? Well. What really finished me off was bumping into just one more blasted thing standing around hurting my knee. I yelled and slammed a door. Obviously I had been loud enough to scare James into thinking that I got hurt badly. After sobbing hysterically for about 5 min, I was finally able to tell him, that the real problem is, that no matter what I do, it never seems to be enough. 

Once I had calmed down I reminded myself it was Miracle Week. The dishwasher being fixed helped. I cleaned up the kitchen, even mopped the floors. Did some laundry, emptied a basket that I had taken out of the bedroom into the hall. I dug through more stuff from the attic. I made pizza for dinner and a cake for a friend. I dropped one of the layers for the cake, and nearly dropped the one I had to bake to make up for it. James twisted his ankle badly in a heroic sacrifice to not run over Marie who had managed to fall with her bike right into his path. All in all I guess it wasn't the worst of days, even though I still feel that nothing that was done today will make a difference in the long run. Not even the 3 more pieces that I mended watching TV. As I stayed up way to long watching anyway I should have gotten my ironing board too. Well. Enough self accusation. Things got done. They are taken care of. More will get done today. Miracle week has 23 more work hours and I will make the most of them! But first. I will catch some sleep!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen