2015-05-20

PIANO PRACTICE

As I have nothing good to say about today I shall simply change the subject.

I have decided to practice the  piano more often. I found a teacher who is not only cheap, but also available in the mornings. She wants no contract, it is pay per lesson and she is willing to give lessons at random intervals. Sounds perfect for me.

Why is practicing the piano important for me? I play well enough to make progress as long as I practice 10 min /day and poorly enough that I have to concentrate solely on the piano when practicing. The second I think of something else I hit the wrong keys. I have to tune out all the stress and worries or I am not going anywhere.

I finally came up with a system that works for me. I want to be able to play hymns at church. I used to make one list of hymns I want to learn after the other, losing them all sooner or later. Now I have a traffic light system. I have colored sticky tabs. Green means "mastered, play once or twice a month". Yellow means:"needs work, play once every day until mastered". I have a few yellow ones, the current one has an additional blue tab for quicker reference. Red means:"new, practice 10 min every day until well enough to turn yellow". As I have a whole lot of  red ones, the current red one has an additional pink tab for quick reference.

Within a week I have bumped up one yellow to green, a second yellow one will just need 1 or 2 more days and the current red one that I failed at 2 years ago is pretending to want to go yellow.

So. If one approach doesn't work for you, just try something else until you find what's right for you.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen