2015-05-18

MIRACLE WEEK

Last night I decided to make this week "catch up week". My resolve was to not pick a new room and to finally finish all the ones I have started. But there is something about waking up and being ready to face the day, no, the whole week before 6 am without an alarm. So forget "catch up week" and embrace "miracle week"!

It being miracle week I didn't want to miss out on starting on a new room. The bedroom it was!

By 6 am I was out of bed and ready to go.

By 7 am I had snacks for everyone, 1 child out of the house, the washer running,  4 loads of dirty laundry sorted and took last week's clean laundry off the drying rack. It was also folded and taken upstairs to be put away.

By 8 am I had changed sheets on one bed, had 4 more people out of the house, including Snow White with full stage make up. I had supervised piano practice, 10 min of reading and lunch was simmering on the stove.

By 10 am I felt like I wasn't getting as much done as I had hoped to.

By 3 pm I felt like I had wasted most of my day. 

By 4 pm I turned to comfort eating.

By 5 pm I dragged myself upstairs to keep working on my nightstand to proof to myself that I have the determination it takes to make "Miracle Week" happen. And then. Truly. A miracle. I found a "long forgotten" love letter from James. In it he not only told me how wonderful I am and how much he loves me, he also told me, that he knows that many of the things I do, go unseen. 

"Thank you for the many things you do, many of which seem to go unnoticed. I don't notice enough, but when I enter your world, I realize just how much you do."

My very personal miracle. The perfect words to keep me going. Written down more than 2.5 years ago. 

Miracle week indeed!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen