2015-05-08

I AM A GENIUS!

I am not a great fan of soccer, but living where I do, I sometimes play along and at least pretend to be. It is very hard to escape it, so you might as well embrace it. Just make sure you are rooting for the opposing team to make things interesting.

I find soccer about as enticing as ironing. If soccer is on TV I usually do stuff on the computer, I have also been found reading, glancing at the screen every 10 min, while dear James is glued to it.

So the other night the Champion's League was on and we saw a few minutes but then James switched to a sitcom. Knowing I had curtains to iron to make progress for my project, I rather reluctantly gathered my stuff and got started. I hate ironing those curtains. You are supposed to iron them on the lowest setting, but unless you set your iron to at least wool, nothing, absolutely nothing will happen. Your arm may go numb, but that's it. So after cranking up the heat little by little all the way up to "cotton" I finally got to a point were I was seeing success. It still took for ever, but at least my efforts where making a difference. I was suffering, but at least the show was funny. Once it was over, James switched back to soccer. It was half time, but he kept watching none the less. Second half started and we were still watching. Forgive me if I sound bitter, but ironing is enough torture on it's own. I do not need a boring soccer game to go with it. Then it hit me. I said to James:"You know what. You keep watching and ironing my curtains and I'll go to bed." "Sure," he said without moving an inch. "I am serious," was my reply to which he said:"So am I." But he was still not moving. So I got off the couch. And wouldn't you know it. He took my place. The game had only about 20 min left, I went and brushed my teeth, finished the chapter of the book I am reading at the moment and fell asleep with the lights on. James came up, told me Barcelona scored 3 goals in rapid succession and I was gone again. The next morning I found 2 of my curtains back on the rod and a third neatly draped over the drying rack. I love the guy.  I have 2 more curtains to iron. I wonder when soccer will be on again?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen