2014-06-28

LAZY SATURDAY

I shouldn't feel the need to justify, but I do. I have a million things to do. I also had a crazy week. That little sore spot in my lower back is acting up. A sure sign that I feel stressed. You know what. Today I took it easy. I worked hard all week. Even yesterday, when I was just tired, tired, tired, I tried hard to keep it up. I cooked a nice healthy dinner, I kept the laundry going, kept the clean downstairs clean. Shuttled kids back and forth, and it's not even TUESDAY!

Years ago I read a book called "The Sidetracked Home-executive". Peggy and Pam are sisters who were both trapped by chaos. They found a way out and it worked so well for them they decided to share. They stress that you need a day off every week. For years I've been telling myself that Sunday is my day of. But guess what. I attend church every Sunday. If you have ever tried to doll up 5 kids and have them out of the house by 9 am, attend church meetings and make sure they behave well, when volunteering in your congregation takes up more of your free Sunday and half of the day is over by the time you wonder about what to feed the kids for lunch, than it isn't a day off. So from now on Saturday is the official day off. Time to hang out as a family, play games, go to the lake, you name it.

This morning I told the kids that everyone who cleaned up for 15 min would get to play a board game of their choice with me. 2 of the 4 kids in question jumped at the opportunity. Okay. so they "paid" for game time with Mommy, but I am not perfect and today is only the first attempt. I am sure I will come up with improvements!


Oh my stars. I had a guilt free happy break day and wouldn't you know it. Around 5 pm I started working. And man, I got a lot done!

Surface of the day: piano (a favorite)

5 a day: 2 pieces kids art, grilled cheese that was still good, but that no one will eat anymore, 3 will have to do for today

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen