2014-06-04

PLAYROOM - CHECK

Oh, where should I start. In a corner. But I didn't. I simply started by picking out stuff that either was to go into the trash or stuff that had a place to go. Like the one million pieces of Lego of all shapes and sizes that were lying around. Oh.Wait.I made the kids pick those up. I also made them pick up all the cars. After attempting to clean up the playroom for over a week I finally was annoyed enough to do it. I sat on the floor in the middle of the room with a grumpy baby in one arm and handed stuff to the other kids giving commands like "in the trash", "your room", "bookshelf". That worked quite well. 

The kids were just as overwhelmed as I was. How did Matt put it? "No wonder it takes so long to clean up this room. We do it like once a year."  Well, here is the news kids, you decide if it's good or bad. We'll be cleaning up this room more often! 

Believe me, it was quite the challenge. It took me all day to muster up the courage to actually go through with it. I am not sure how long we worked, with all the breaks we took in between it took more than 5 hours.

I must admit that a little cheating was involved. I will not go into detail about how the landing looked after we were done with the play room. There is definitely enough work left to keep me entertained tomorrow! 


surface of the day: playroom

5 a day: a million bits and pieces of broken toys, board games, puzzles, fast food toys

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen