2014-06-01

I TOOK ACTION

I am a great planer. I come up with the best plans ever. Detailed. With a time schedule of what to do when and how long it will take. I am just terrible at execution.

But as professional organizer Rachel from Green and tidy likes to point out, it is important to make time for action. 

Over the last couple of weeks I made time to fix 3 pairs of pants, a skirt and a humongous stuffed animal. None of the tasks took more than 20 min. 2 of the projects I finished while chatting with friends, once face to face, once on the phone and I FELL SO GOOD about finally having them done. I have wasted so much energy keeping those things on my to do list, dreading them more and more every time I actively pushed them further down the list.

I once read an article about being more efficient at the office. And the person, I don't even remember if it was a man or woman, said that since they did every task that would take less than 3 min (like answering an email) immediately things went so much smoother. He/she planned half of their time during a workday for "immediate action". And it worked out really well he/she said.

I wonder what my time limit should be. Any job I encounter that takes less than 5 min? Or things that take less then 10? Hm. I wonder how a distracted soul who needs to have a 10 min plan for cleaning up a room can handle doing things immediately. On the other hand if I finish them. Well. They would be finished. Maybe I will try it one of these days.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen