2014-05-30

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM - CHECK!!!

Finally. I have one room off of the leftover rooms list. Of course the easiest and it took me twice as along as I expected. As I dreaded it so much and refused to focus on it I was able to spread the misery out over 2 days. But it is done at last. I cleaned out the little cabinet, I washed every surface, I washed the shower curtain. I mopped the disgusting floor, I even went as far as to scrub the tiles in the shower.

So far I am not feeling as thrilled about it as I thought I would. Why not? Maybe because it just makes me feel that the other rooms that I think will be harder will be even worse. At the moment I am not seeing the light. I worked so hard last week (and the 3 weeks before that). It used to be that 1,5 hours of household work was the minimum. 2 hours meant that things were improving. After the last few weeks it seems, that 1,5 is not enough. Even 2 might not be enough. It is hard to tell, but it sure looks like I will have to bump up to 2,5 hours of cleaning and washing to maintain a clean house. If, IF I ever get there again.

Don't get me wrong. It's not as bad as it might sound, but it seems that I never have more than one clean room at a time. And on top of that a hoard that is weighing down on me from the attic, and little baby hoards growing in drop zones and creeping out of unloved corners.

Surface of the day: bathroom

7 a day: 8 jars of baby food my friend Alex gave me when she moved away about 5 years ago. Can anyone explain to me why I bothered to check the expiration dates?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen