2014-05-04

DAY 13 - HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE

Nothing like a little time pressure. I finished, I FINISHED the boys' room today. Now that was hard work. How much trash can 2 boys store in their room? Best part is that I know it is trash. No need to keep any of it. One of them happily parted with most of it. The other one wanted to keep it all. True hoarding tendencies. It is strange because when he was only 5 he tossed every- and anything. Today I got him to part with some things. Quite a few actually. We filled 3 waste paper baskets with paper and other recycling. We parted with a carrier bag (a big one) full of clothes. A few things we simply put in the hall to be dealt with later. 

My main achievement was taking out the wrapping paper and all the ribbons. It filled 3 boxes under a bed. I decided, it is not fair to use the boys's storing space for my stuff. We traded dressers with the playroom, now the boys have one with one big and 2 small drawers more which means that ALL of their clothes can go in the dresser which cleared up the 4th box that was under the bed. We filled it with Legos.  The other 3 boxes went upstairs into the attic. I have to find a new place for the wrapping stuff and then the boys can have 3 more storage boxes. I am hoping very much, that this will help to keep their room clean!

Oh, and before I forget. I watched myself closely. I decided I will grant myself a stay. I get Monday, too. I am looking forward to a real 10 minute program on Monday. With all thsoe clean rooms maintenance will almost be fun!

Sorry, for posting this a day late!

surface of the day: boys room

7 a day: 1 book, 3 fast food toys, 3 waste paper baskets full or recycling

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen