2014-05-03

DAY 12 - TIME TO START CHEATING

SORRY. I forgot to hit "publish" last night.

My daughter's eye infection came back full blast and I spent half of the morning just trying to get an appointment for her. The other half of the morning was spent making it to the appointment, the pharmacy and a toy store to go get a present for an upcoming birthday party.

I turned in a request to myself to get 1-2 additional days for my quest. After all we said 14 days (that should be 14 working days in my opinion) and the 5 hour run around with 5 kids in tow day, 3 emergency doctor appointments (okay James had to take her that one time, but I was slowed down by him not being home) and Saturday (yet another out of the house engagement) were not taken into consideration when the 14 day time span were proposed.
So far it is looking good. it would be a way to save face and improve my chances of actually finishing!

At the start of my project I was constantly drawn to the attic. I caught myself sneaking up there up to 3 times a day.  It felt like cleaning up the attic wold have been the better choice  and I actually started getting things done up there. I realized soon enough that I was simply running away. It was a way of avoiding the downstairs project and by actively doing some decluttering I felt justified avoiding it. 

I managed to stay away from the attic. Today around lunch time I realized without getting a few things out of the way and upstairs I would not ever be able to finish. I felt bad. It felt like cheating. To make up for shoving things upstairs I decided to get something done and deal with it in return. And I did. First I put away everything I had already gatherer in a box that could go down stairs. I found things to throw away and things to pass on. It felt good. Really good. I might have taken things upstairs, but I did not increase the hoard. 

surface of the day: Bedroom. Yes. The WHOLE bedroom.

7 a day:  batteries (recycled), 2 books, game cards (game was tossed weeks ago), broken toys, 2 rubber bands (true hoarders feel my pain!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen