2014-03-15

ANXIETY ATTACK

If you had asked me if I experience anxiety attacks when sorting through my stuff I would have said:"No".
I  would have said I am easily distracted. That I have a hard time focusing and that being the headless chicken I am I start and never finish.

After learning a few things about my disorder and interacting online with fellow hoarders, I know better. It's not that I am to impatient to do it, or lack the stamina. I am experiencing different levels of anxiety. It was obvious for the first time to me when I came across a plastic tray and 2 infant head support inserts for my double stroller. I know I need to throw them away. They might be barely used, but the stroller they go with is history. I used it for years and it went to the dump.

So why can't I simply get rid of it? "But it's almost new." "Somebody might have use for it." Well. Who exactly? I don't know anyone with a stroller like that. If they had a stroller, they would have the insert, too. How much time and effort would it take to find someone who actually had use for it?

So how did I deal with my anxiety attack? I tapped the top of my head. There is a spot that my mid wife showed me using acupuncture that is a general point for calming that was reintroduced to me on a website directed at hoarders and their families. They called it EFT-Emotional Freedom Techniques. Well. I did calm down. Not enough to deal with it, but to continue dealing with the thing I started. I chucked the bag into a box. I think next time I will go up I will be ready to let it go. And it will feel good.


2 Kommentare:

  1. Let it go, let it go
    can't let that junk hold you back anymore,
    let it go, let it go
    throw it out and slam the door

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hahaha! I was thinking of the same song, but I never made it further than "let it go" I will sing your version from now on! Thank you!

    AntwortenLöschen