2014-03-31

MOMMY'S LITTLE HELPER

NoNoNoNoNo! Not what you think. NOT AT ALL! I am not on drugs as the popular Rolling Stones song might make you think. I am referring to my brand new timer.
I finally broke down and got my new one out as the last one is not reliable since it's near drowning incident.
It's crisp, sharp "beepbeepbeep" at the end of my 10 min intervals is quite invigorating. As I haven't dropped it yet (this will happen rather sooner than later) the magnet on the back of the clip is still intact. It got assigned a home which is the top left corner of the fridge.




As you can see for yourself I am quite the early bird starting housework right around dawn. Okay. So I simply haven't switched it to daylight saving yet. As it is Monday there is plenty of stuff to clean up and plenty opportunity to use my timer today. I have already completed five 10 magic minute units and am happy with my progress.

Now here is the bad part. As my old timer still shows the time of day and the count up and timer functions still work (except for the alarm not being very reliable) I can not yet part with it. I am still hoping to fix that beep somehow. Be patient with me. 

Surface of the day: Yet another basket out of the mountain of miscellaneous next to my bed.

5 a day: See for yourself. The laundry basket, black bucket and mattress are a neighbor's. The rest is mine. The wooden stuff has been picked up already, so a nightstand, 3 drawers from a dresser/cabinet have been picked up by the recycling company first thing in the morning. 2 old broken lamps and a suitcase have been picked up by "treasure hunters" last night already. The 2 revolting carpets are left overs from the previous owner. They were used to "insulate" the attic. We ended up throwing them out of the attic window. That was quite the cloud of dust!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen