2014-03-22

HOARDER'S PLIGHT

My biggest issue is things that are "still useful". Useful for me, for you, for anyone. To illustrate just how far I will go let me show you the following picture.


Do you know what that is? No? Well. Neither do I. Okay. I think I know what this is. If I am not mistaken those things are used to tack foam boards to your house to insulate it. 8,5 years ago when we bought the house we found those in a cardboard box, inside a paper towel dispenser. Don't ask me how many times I wanted to throw them away but decided they might still be of use. Unfortunately the picture isn't 8.5 years old. More like 8,5 weeks. 

You can't tell by the picture but when the picture was taken they were in the recycling bin already. hahaha. Already! HAHAHA!!! After 8,5 years. And it took all my guts to toss them. I took 2 attempts and when I finally had them in and took this picture to document my glorious victory, the thought crossed my mind that I should save the little screws you can see sealed up in the little plastic bag. I reached down and picked them out. It was hard because the bin was almost empty. Then I just let out a frustrated and annoyed:"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I threw them back in. Seriously. Nobody needed this for 8.5 years. Who would need it now? No one. My point exactly. I hope I got rid of the towel dispenser, too. I better go check my garage!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen