2014-03-24

BREAKING RULES

When you break a rule there is usually some kind of punishment. Today I broke the "no appointments on Monday" rule. An appointment at 8:45 am. Seriously? I must be nuts. Another one at 4:30 pm. I am positively crazy. But then on the other hand. If you ruin your day, you might as well do it completely.

What was my punishment? Raised anxiety levels starting Friday. Frantic laundry processing on Saturday. Unfortunately the weekend was stressful enough as it was, and brought enough work with a birthday party for one of the kids. (At least this time I managed to not be 6 months late!) Further punishment. A stressful morning. A confused me, not really getting the hang of the day until 1 pm by which it was more or less too late. 2 emotional eating attacks. I gave in to the first and fought of the second.

Lesson learned:
  • When getting doctor's appointments for self or family don't be happy with a date and time ask which day of the week it is. 
  • I am coping with stress a lot better than just 6 months ago.
  • It pays off to plan ahead.

Thanks to my laundry processing on Saturday and a detailed list of the most important things for today (and the rest of the week) I got everything done that needed to be done and still feel tough enough to do some ironing! HA!

Surface of the day: dresser top in the playroom. Got it cleared an wiped it down. Seem to have a distinct memory of cheating by piling most of it onto the next dresser....

5 a day: kids art, chewed up puzzle piece (not to self throw away puzzle when you come across it)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen