2014-04-01

GIVING UP CONTROL

In preparation for our party James cleaned the patio. Let me just say this much: It was a mess and it was disgusting. When he was halfway done, I came to check on his progress, and he told me that he had been throwing things away without my knowing about it. 

Well. Guess what. I told him I was fine with that. I told him that as a he was a responsible adult, if he thought it was trash than it is trash. I admit I would have not thrown away the plastic dishcloth but would have washed it as they wash well. But guess what. I shrugged it off. And hoped I meant it. A year ago I might have gone to retrieve it from the bin to see if I could save it. This time I just thought:"I need to take better care of it next time."

James came across a few of his "favorite" creatures. This was the last one of 5 or 6 he chased off. A true hero!

This is Charlotte, posing
right above my left index
finger that looks strange,
cut off like that!


One part of changing my behavior is to give up being in control all the time. Trust the people in my life to get it right. Not worry about it if the little things in life go wrong. I think I did well with letting go this time. And things went well. This will make it easier next time! 

Surface of the day: top of the piano

5 a day: 2 fast food toys, 3 books

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen