2014-04-28

DAY 8 - MAINTENANCE

We had guests over yesterday. Had a great day and made a big mess. I also created a new abominable pile by stacking a bunch of boxes and baskets of miscellaneous by my bedside. 

I figured the best way to get a grip back on things was to go with the 10 min program. So  step one would be to find my timer. I decided not to waste time on that. Instead I went to the kitchen set the oven timer and started filling up the dishwasher. Then I set the timer to 20 min, collected the dirty laundry, started the washer and continued in the kitchen. Setting the timer to 30 then was kind of a mistake. Even though I kept cleaning I initially lost my focus. 

After 2 hours of pure maintenance work it got kind of old. I wondered if this life has anything else to offer but and endless repetition of household chores. 

After almost 2,5 hours the kitchen is destroyed again, the bathroom is still clean but wasn't bad in the first place. Of course, I got 3 loads of laundry done, but nobody will ever notice that. I made tiny progress in the kitchen and the hall. 5 more working days to finish my project. I better get kicking!

surface of the day: kitchen cabinet

7 a day: 2 hats, 3 wastebaskets full of recycling, to be honest, I have no clue if I got rid of anything worth mentioning, I worked hard. That's it. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen