2014-04-24

DAY 4 - ANOTHER FLAW

Who will take care of maintenance if I am busy decluttering 4 hours every day? Obviously another serious flaw in my plan.  By now I have decided to skip the basement stairs. This way I have 12 rooms to take care off. One for each working day.

Today I checked off the laundry room. I  have mixed emotions about checking it off as I simply transferred 4 boxes full of stuff to another "room". But as I have calculated 2 hours of clean up for a landing that when it is as planned has nothing but a carpet in it I figured it is okay. I need to check things off or I will get depressed. I am a day behind already anyway. And that includes starting with the simple rooms!

I wrote the first 2 paragraphs around lunch time. Checking off that laundry room had the desired 
effect. I felt good about myself. Here is why: 




It just looks so good and I wish I had taken a "before" picture. The 3 big white wardrobes on the left were crammed full with random stuff. There was a fold up tread mill and a pile of boxes from the door to where the carpet is now. The floors where grimy, there was lint every where. Now I vacuumed the floor, I mopped it twice, I got down on my hands and knees to scrub of the rust stains I found where the tread mill was. I even defrosted the freezer. 

Awesome. I know.

surface of the day: 3 drawers in the hall

7 a day: broken case for sun glasses, package of copying paper, 4 books, 1 puzzle, 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen