2014-04-02

MY ATTIC

A week ago, on my roller coaster day, when I experienced my first high, I felt strong enough tho face my nemesis, the attic. BLEAH. I went up there. Looked around. Took a few pictures. And then I simply got started. I cleared the easiest corner. Brought the empty suitcases back up. Stacked the suitcases nicely and while I was at it took down 3, 2 of them broken, one just old, that need to leave the house. While I was at it I picked up a few things here and there that I shoved into the trash bag I have sitting up there, hungrily awaiting trash.I do have a separate box for recycling because being the hoarder I am I couldn't just throw it all together.




This is the big pile you run into first thing when you
 come up the ladder. Jack and Jill' wardrobe is
 hiding under the mattress.


This is what you see when you turn your head
counterclockwise. Unfortunately there is a lot of
room behind the shelf to hide more stuff.


This is behind the shelf. My more organized section.
Mostly clothes.


This is the dump everything you wish 
was organized section. Also the part 
of the roof where we had the leak 
1,5 years ago. Unfortunately nothing
got damaged. Biggest problem was 
damp walls. Still struggling with that.


This is the view from the I wish this was organized-section.
You see Jill's new dresser. And yes. There is a second one
just like it beneath it.


Here is the last corner. Notice the mattress on the left?
That is the mattress from the first picture I showed you.


This is the last corner. The one with the 
least stuff in it. That is why I decided
to start there.


This is taken standing by the suitcases.
All this stuff is hidden behind boxes and 
the mattress on top of the wardrobe.



It was more of an assessment today then organizing. It included the anxiety attack I already told you about. The emotions I went through where suppressed anger and feelings of helplessness. I was angry at myself for allowing myself to be stuck with this situation and to not just simply move one.

But I feel strong enough to tackle it this time. And to not run away and hide and shut the trapdoor. Getting rid of the wardrobe and seeing the empty spot it left gave me a great feeling of accomplishment. At the moment I feel a certain urge to keep going, to do more, while at the same time I am scared to climb back up. I am worried that the next trip won't be as successful. 

Editors note: This draft has been written some time ago. I finally feel brave enough to POST the pictures of the attic. Funniest part about it. Jill says it doesn't look like a hoarder's attic. Silly girl! If this doesn't, than what does? I better hit "publish" before my courage fails me again!

Surface of the day:dresser in the hall

5 a day: 7 glass jars

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen