2014-04-03

CHIMNEY SWEEP TRAUMA

I hate the yearly chimney sweep visit. Not only do you not get a specific time, but not even a date. only an announcement that they will show up "the beginning of April". On top of that, they need to go to the basement AND the attic, the 2 most sore spots in my house. After seeing pictures of my attic you would know why I don't want anyone up there.

I have made really good progress in my attic, and it still looks terrible. The basement has definitely seen more organized days. But hey. April was a few days away, so when the doorbell rang around 3 pm  in  the afternoon of the 27th of MARCH I simply wondered who that could be.

AH! The chimney sweep. And not only one. But 2 of them! He had brought an apprentice. "It's definitely not April," was my greeting for them. Rude. I know. Hahaha! I was too shocked to be polite. Well. They were all nice  and apologetic and said they'd been working so well, that things went faster than expected and would it be alright if they came in now. 

Who am I to send them away? I warned them repeatedly. Ah. I wish I had worked a little harder this morning. The kids' rooms were all officially a mess, I shut my bedroom door. The landing wasn't cleared but thanks to my hard work that morning there were only 2 baskets with stuff instead of 3.

Well. They managed to reach what they needed to reach. Embarrassed as I was I kept apologizing. Mr. Chimney Sweep has seen the house a few years in a row now. He probably knows that nothing would have been any different if he had shown up 4 days later. Ah well. I am still alive and now I have a whole year until they come again! 

Surface of the day: 1 basket full of miscellaneous sorted through
5 a day: 5 books

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen