2014-04-27

CAKE THERAPY

Cooking and baking seems to have a calming effect on me. At least when things work out. I think it is the process of creating something and the finishing of a task with pleasant results that creates the soothing effect for me. 

So Friday a week ago, when I was feeling low and overwhelmed by my mess I decided that making an even bigger mess wouldn't make that much of a difference. I wanted to wash out the fridge. Only took me 7 attempts I think until I finally finished it. Came across a few ingredients and decided to "get rid of them".

So cake time it was. To make sure the therapy was in creating and not in eating cake, I made cheesecake which James loves and I couldn't care less about. I even put cherries in for my chéri. 

Very pleased with myself I must admit!




What I liked best, was that James came upstairs (I had retired early because the emotions of the day had worn me out quite a bit) and he asked me if he was allowed to have a piece of it before he went to bed. Why, of course! It was his in the first place! I love the fact that he can't resist my creations!



Because cake therapy went so well, I decided to try cookie therapy on Saturday. But that is an entire different story!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen