2013-11-14

FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED

Sounds like recommending the obvious. Doesn't it. But take a closer look at how you do things. Lets asume you are making yourself a cup of tea. When you sit down to drink it, is everything you used to prepare it put away? Yes? Good for you! No? Oh, you are like me. I have a tea bag sitting on the counter instead of in the trash, I have a spoon in the sink instead of the dishwasher. I might not even have put the box with the tea bags back in the cupboard and sometimes I even find the wrapper the tea bag was in flying around days later. All of those things could have been taken care of in seconds, while I was waiting for my tea to be ready. Leaving them for "later" will soon provide me with the task of cleaning up the kitchen with mostly things that wouldn't been lying around if I had taken care of them while I was doing that particular task.

I teach my children that homework is not done when the assignment is done. It is finished when your books and pens are put away where they belong. I do hope that this willl make life easier for them in the long run, even if they don't appreciate it much at the moment.

I spent last week keeping an eye on myself. To see how good I am doing. I improved. But I still leave plenty of things lying around. But at least now I notice it when I do. And the second I notice, I put them where they belong!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen