2013-11-11

MY TIMER DROWNED

Go ahead. Laugh. It was quite traumatic this morning when I found my timer where I had left it last night. (the bathtub rim) Actually trauma hit a few minutes later. When I pushed start and it didn't beep. Then I looked at it. The display didn't show any numbers. Just a water line. Like an aquarium. Only the fish were missing. My last timer drowned in the bathtub so I knew there was no chance of rescuing it. For the life of me I couldn't find my spare timer that I have for just that very reason.  I was devestated. I know how hard it is for me to stick to my 10 minute programm without the timer. I don't have a cell phone, the normal phone's timer function is ridiculously hard to programm and the timer in the kitchen is part of the oven so I would have to return to the kitchen every 10 min to turn it off and set it again. Not a very practical approach. I just went with the clock on the phone which is annyoing as of course it doesn't beep when the 10 min are up and as it only shows minutes isn't acurate enough for someone who is willing to work ten minutes and zero seconds.

I did take apart the timer. Dried off what I could, wrapped it all in cotton and put it on the heater.

I think I am a total hero for still getting my 2 hours of work in, even if I did not stay exactly with my plan as it was too hard to move from room to room at the exact intervalls so I spent more time on different chores and of course had no time left for others. To be honest I went into overtime even.

Tonight I figured I'll give it a try. I sat down and put my timer together (of course I had to redo the screws a  few times as I kept putting them in the wrong  holes). I put the batteries in. Crossed my fingers. Turned it over. IT WORKED. I wanted to set the time and realized it doesn't beep. Fine with me I thought. Then it hit me. What's the point of a timer if it doesn't beep?
Ah well. I thought I can still use it as a normal clock or to run up time and clipped it to my shirt. I went off to take care of laundry. Not even thinking I hit the button. AND IT BEEPED! Just imagine the things I can get done tomorrow ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen