2013-11-15

MY BLOG TITLE

Why did I call my blog "FREE TO LIVE"? Well. Because any mental disorder will put some kind of restirction on your life. Some are more obvious than others.

The obvious restrictions with hoarding are for example, that you are not comfortable having people in your home, no matter if they are friends, relatives or strangers. Many hoarders are compulsive shoppers, so it is a financial burden. With so much stuff lying around often you can't find what you need. So you have to either do without it or...go buy a new one. A lot of time is wasted looking for things. Or "sorting" things. Sorting and sorting and sorting without ever getting anywhere.

Less obvious results are feelings of shame or low selfestem. Fatigue and depression due to the ever looming pile of things "still to go through". If it takes me 1 hour to deal with a small drawer full of stuff you can imagine how long it will take me to go through a house.

I am done with it. I want to learn to let go and to give up control. To not have to look at everything myself. To be able to say I needed nothing out of this box in the last 12 months, I can let go with out having to look at it again. To let my husband and children decided what can go.

I know I have a long way to go, but I keep in mind that all those things lying around a weighing me down. They come with a heavy weight. They make me feel a certain responsibility for them that is unproportional.

I don't want to live my life sifting through things in order to save scrap paper and old toys. Once I will let go I will be free to live.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen