2013-11-05

HEADLESS CHICKEN

I guess "running around like a headless chicken" describes me pretty well when I attempt to clean up my house. Let's say, I start in my bedroom. I make my bed, pick up a few random things, see a cup sitting on the window sill and pick it up and take it to the kitchen. As I want to put it in the dishwasher I realize that the clean dishes still need to be put away. I go ahead and do that. As I start clearing off the table, I find one of the kid's books. I take it upstairs, put it on the shelf, pick up some dirty clothes that are strewn around and put them in the hamper. Oh. It is full. Time to take the stuff to the laundry room. I sort the dirty laundry, start a load as there happens to be enough, but to do so have to take the wet laundry and put it in the dryer, only half can go in, so I take the rest upstair and hang it up. As it is raining I have to hang it in the living room. I find one of my shoes there and take it to the front door where it belongs. Next to the door I see a book sitting there that I wanted to read and I figure I'll put it on my nightstand. When I get to my bedroom and see the half made bed I realize that I had originally set out to clean up that room. 20-30 min after I started, all I got achieved in there is to pick up 3 dirty socks and take out one cup.

If this in any way describes you, you might wantto try the 10 magic minutes program.

You will need:

  • a timer that is set to 10 min that you can carry with you
  • an empty laundry basket
  • a trash can  or trash bag
  • another empty laundry basket or empty box.
  • a messy house 
Now you are ready to start your 10 magic minute program!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen